Our 'Leading Lights' are pupils appointed as Spiritual Leaders of the school. A representative is chosen from each class in the school and at the start of each academic year.
Pupils interested in becoming a Leading Light are invited to make a written application to explain what they feel they could bring to the role and how they intend to uphold the Christian values of the school, whilst acting as role models for other pupils.
Applications are then considered by the Religious Education leader in conjunction with other staff members and the Senior Leadership team, with the successful candidates being announced and presented with their badges during Collective Worship.
Responsibilities of the Leading Lights include:
- Taking part in church services
- Lighting the candle in collective worship
- Leading the Greet and Send in worship
- Evaluating Collective Worship and collecting data about how to improve it
- Meeting regularly to reflect on Religious Education displays and practices across the school
- Monitoring the use of our classroom reflection areas and our prayer room
- Planning worships to lead with other classes.
The Leading Lights team work closely with the Religious Education Leader to ensure that worship is effective in our school and that our Christian Distinctiveness is at the forefront of everything we do.
"I have come that they may have life, and live it to the full." John 10:10