Ditton CE Junior School Equality Objectives
We take pride at Ditton Church of England Junior School in being a fully inclusive school. We are committed to meeting the main aims of the Equality Act (2010) and feel that our Equalities objectives help us to meet these aims which are to:
· Eliminate unlawful discrimination
· Advance equality of opportunity
· Foster good relations
In line with our Christian vision of ‘Enriching generations to serve and flourish’, all staff have high expectations of each and every child and encourage them to have high aspirations, regardless of their race, gender, age, ability or social background. Our nurturing learning environment ensures that all children are able to participate fully in activities as each child is known and respected as an individual, which allows us to tailor learning for their needs. Staff are also treated equally and are encouraged to reach their potential, whilst taking into account their individual needs and circumstances.
All school stakeholders are committed to tackling prejudice, if it should arise, and will work alongside the local community and families to promote tolerance and acceptance of all.
Our Objectives are:
- To ensure the school environment is accessible for all children, staff, families and visitors to the school
- To treat all staff and children equally and ensure they have access to equal rights and opportunities
- To diminish the difference between disadvantaged children and their peers
- To make sure all learning is differentiated to meet the individual learning needs of children, including those with specific Special Educational Needs or/ and disabilities and those who are identified as being More Able and Talented
- To ensure the learning environment reflects a wide range of children of different abilitiesTo create a curriculum that extends the children’s understanding of the wider world and that promotes social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
- To eliminate prejudice and bullying by educating the children in this area and ensuring that any discrimination is challenged and dealt with promptly by Senior Leaders
- To ensure all children have the same access to: after-school clubs, educational trips and any extra-curricular opportunities
- To allow all parents equal access to information regarding their children