At Ditton CE Junior School we believe in providing the best quality teaching and learning for all our pupils. We all work together to ensure that our curriculum engages all learners and provides opportunities for deeper learning. Wherever possible we encourage children to plan the direction of their learning. We plan topics that have rich content using stimuli as a starting point for further investigation and to develop questioning skills. We aim to investigate meaningful and challenging issues and topics, often in the context of real world problems. We bring learning to life for our pupils by linking trips and visits to our topics.
- To promote mutual respect and Christian values, creating a culture where all effort is valued;
- Face new challenges through team work and leadership;
- Learning and achieving in supportive and creative environment;
- Celebrating diversity and working in partnership with parents and the wider community.
The curriculum at Ditton CE Junior School will:
- Link to the National Curriculum;
- Always promote the highest standards in all subjects;
- Develop a wide range of skills and broaden children’s life experience;
- Enable all children to become resilient, co-operative and to be able to work collaboratively;
- Prepare the children for now and for the future;
- Develop children’s self-confidence, personal development and their capacity for self-directed learning and independence.
If you would like to know more about our curriculum, please make an appointment at the office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to meet with one of our Senior Leadership.