Our normal admissions process is outlined below, but please be aware that due to Covid-19 this may change and we may also not be able to offer tours or taster days. If you would like to enquire about a place within our school, please call the School Office for more information.
We welcome children into Ditton Church of England Junior School, following their seventh birthday, in year 3 through to year 6.
Our application process is very simple whether your child is joining us in year 3, or part way though into another year. All the relevant forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
Year 3 Applications
Children join us in year 3 apply through the Local Authority and will receive confirmation from them that they have secured a place at this school. This can be done either online via
or by collecting a paper form from your child’s school. Once you have received your offer, the school will send you application forms to complete and return with the relevant identification as requested in the Local Authority correspondence you receive. We will arrange plenty of transition opportunities for the children before they join us in September through taster sessions, visits and sports activities for example.
We hold an open day in December each year, but you are also welcome to arrange an individual tour if you are unable to make this.
In Year Applications
If you are interested in moving your child to our school from another school:
- Please contact the school office on 01732 843446 or email using the contact page for an appointment so we can show you around our wonderful school and answer any questions you may have.
- In some cases we are able to offer a taster session(s) for your child to experience typical lessons at our school.
- Please print off and complete the Application and In Year Admission forms below, or alternatively the school office can provide these as hard or soft copies.
- Please provide proof of identification for you and your child as follows:-
- Council Tax/Signed Tenancy Agreement/Exchange of Contracts/Completion Document.
- Prof of adult’s address.
- Prof of child’s address.
- We will issue an Offer Letter with an agreed start date.
- A class will be allocated together with a PE house in order that you can purchase the appropriate coloured PE top.
We actively encourage you to look at the rest of our website where you can see the curriculum we offer and enrichment activities to help all children flourish within our school. Details of our SIAMS and Ofsted reports can be found under the Christian Distinctiveness and Key Information pages respectively.
If you are eligible to receive Free School Meals, you can apply using this link